Oracle Label Security – OLS
What is Oracle Label Security or OLS?
- Offers a powerful implementation of row-based security for restricting user access to specific data
- Useful especially in a data warehousing environment.
- Makes use of and expands the scope of Virtual Private Database (VPD) technology
How does OLS work?
- Security policies are established to identify how the data needs to be secured.
- User labels are used to define row-level security policies
- Access mediation process used to determine
- Permissions required to access the row
- Actions permitted on the row once accessed.